List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] How do I install current release binaries?
From:       Suresh Govindachar <sgovindachar () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-09-27 17:49:17

Hello,

  1. Please let me know if the following should have been a new
     thread on MinGW-msys.

  2. mingw is at c:\opt\MinGW and Msys is at c:\opt\msys

     / has the structure:

		m.ico  msys.bat*  msys.ico
        bin/  doc/  etc/  lib/  mingw/  share/  uninstall/

	 mingw is actually the external MinGW and has the structure:

        COPYING      MinGW-5.1.3.exe*
        COPYING.LIB  MinGW.url   installed.ini uninst.exe*

        bin/  include/   libexec/  mingw32/
        doc/  info/      lib/      man/      share/

     Question:  Where do the files of
	                 bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-snapshot.tar.bz2
	            which has the structure:
	                 bin/  info/  man/  share/
	            go?

				* I suppose bin goes to /bin.
				* Should I let tar create /info /man and /share or
				  should I manually move these to the ones inside mingw?

  Thanks,

  --Suresh