List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] build protoize
From:       "Hans (Req man)" <hans.lodder () requirements-management ! nl>
Date:       2007-06-24 6:50:17

Hi! I installed the gcc core system, and it works well. As I have a lot
of old K&R progs I was looking for a way to convert them automatically
to the current C standards (the GNU coding standards perhaps ?) by
adding prototyping etc. Checking the documentation I saw that I could
use protoize to do this for me.

Unfortunately protoize is not included in gcc core. So I downloaded the
gcc core sources, and checked whether protoize was included there. And
it is! Now my question is how can I compile protoize, and use it
together with the gcc core distribution. I am not a C programmer by
nature (mostly I worked with PASCAL).

So I created a work list to compile protoize.c. Unfortunately this is
not specific enough. Can someone add some comments, so I can compile
protoize successfully?

My checklist:

01.   Check whether the versions of gcc and protoize are the same
02.   Run configure for MinGW
03.   Run make protoize

Besides this, any suggestions for other tools to format my K&R sources?

Regards, hans