List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] New Release of mingw-runtime
From:       Keith Marshall <keithmarshall () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-11-25 17:53:54

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> I've released a new version of mingw-runtime which is available here:
>
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-runtime-3.11.tar.gz?downlo
>ad
>
> For a list of changes see the attached ChangeLog.

Chris,

In your ChangeLog entry, I see:
|        * Include/_mingw.h: Increment version to 3.11.
|        * Makefile.in: Ditto.

It doesn't make sense to me, to have to specify this in more than one place,
so I've updated the autoconfigury:
|        * Makefile.in (VERSION): Let configure define it.

This will cause the value for __MINGW32_VERSION, as specified in
include/_mingw.h, to be copied into the generated Makefile, when you run
configure.

Regards,
Keith.