List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] New Release of w32api
From:       Dave Murphy <wintermute2k4 () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2006-11-20 17:40:44

Robert Riebisch wrote:
>> I've uploaded the changes to the mingw.ini and I've added the mingw.ini
>>

> I see. My September (!) #1567841 was completely ignored. Sorry guys, but
> I don't like your patch handling policies. :-(

Your patch definitely wasn't ignored. Unfortunately I had other
commitments which prevented me finding a round tuit until recently. My
installer/updater executable via the SF mirror system so I wanted to get
that in place before releasing a new version of the installer rather
than just a minor update with the latest versions of the packages. I had
already spoken to Earnie about the possibility of automating the
deployment of the .ini file from CVS which would hopefully allow us to
just commit a new ini file with updated package versions and have the
installer "just work"TM.

SourceForge recently threw a spanner in the works by changing their
download system so that the system I put together to parse for mirrors
no longer works. This means my next priority has to be getting the
installer working with their new system.
At first glance it looks as though SF have implemented their own mirror
automation system which may actually be a blessing in disguise. I think
we may need to get some more information on the new system though - when
I first put together the mirror parsing system I raised a support ticket
asking if there was any recommended way to go about obtaining a mirror
list from SF. The reply was "We don't provide any APIs or interfaces for
generating this sort of content." and they closed the ticket - see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1338365&group_id=1&atid=200001

I can only apologise if you felt ignored, sometimes circumstances work
against us and we can't always deal with patches, bug reports and
feature requests as quickly as we'd like.

Dave