List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] gnuwin32 and mingw gcc
From:       Keith MARSHALL <keith.marshall () total ! com>
Date:       2006-01-23 9:33:30

bill vez˙ffffe9 wrote:
> how can i link the include and lib dirs  from
> getgnuwin to be taken in account by my gcc on mingw ?

Three possibilities, in increasing order of difficulty, (and
decreasing desireability):

1) Use -I and -L switches respectively, on the command line.
2) Copy the requisite header and library files into MinGW's standard
   header and lib directories; only do this if you don't mind mixing
   standard and user supplied files in the MinGW directories.
3) Modify the gcc `specs' file, to add the additional paths to gcc's
   search order; not recommended, unless you *really* know what you
   are doing, and fully understand the mechanics of the specs file.

HTH,
Keith.