List:       mingw-users
Subject:    [Mingw-users] Relocatable Executables
From:       Travis Athougies <iammisc () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-01-16 22:46:46

Hi,

I really need mingw to produce relocatable executables but the ld -q option
only works on elf targets. So how do I make it work on pe ones. I need it
because I am writing a pe loader for Linux and Windows, like WINE. I load i=
on windows to link it to a set of functions in the dll. Doing this, the pe
loader will run pe files on both Linux and Windows, but will link to a
common API, not the Windows API like WINE. But in an application, I need to
allocate the memory and that is not always the preferred base address. So I
need relocs to make it run. visit the
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xpapi(Sorry<http://sourceforge.net/projects=
/xpapi%28Sorry>for
the bad homepage) page for more project details.

Thanks