List:       mingw-users
Subject:    RE: [Mingw-users] RE: MS and line endings
From:       Tor Lillqvist <tml () iki ! fi>
Date:       2006-01-13 18:05:58

Ken Cornetet writes:
 > Sounds like HP/1000 RTE. Are you an old RTE'er?

Yep... I can't say I would be very proud of that part of my CV ;-) It
wasn't as if I wouldn't have been aware that there were much nicer
systems already in those days; heck, even VMS would have been an order
of magnitude more pleasant to work on. But the bosses had the idea
that the system we were building needed the "real-time" capabilities
of RTE. (On the other hand, it could have been worse, I could have had
to use PL/M on Intel Multibus boxes ;-)

Of course, I did my best to improve the environment on the HP1000, I
ported micro-Emacs and TeX to it, wrote a make program, etc...

But this is getting off-topic.

--tml