List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] spawning ``#! /bin/sh'' scripts [was Re: make'ing make-3.18beta4....]
From:       Keith MARSHALL <keith.marshall () total ! com>
Date:       2006-01-13 15:30:44

Danny Smith wrote:
> FWIW, Christopher Faylor has contributed  functionality to libiberty
> (in pex-win32.c) that allows native (msvcrt.dll-dependent) executables
> to spawn "#!/bin/sh" scripts as executables.  The function can be made
> MSYS-aware, but can also work with other /bin/sh.exe's.

The system() call wrapper that I provided in execwrap should also be
able to do this.  It's already MSYS-aware -- it first tries SHELL, but
if that fails, it then searches the PATH for an executable with a name
resembling any of the common Unixy shells, and uses the first match,
if any, which can successfully execute the specified command, as an
interpreter.

Regards,
Keith.