List:       mingw-users
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-users] any way to use static version of msvcrt
From:       Brian Hawley <bhawley () luminex ! com>
Date:       2003-11-26 18:22:16

Yes, this may work, if we were compiling the entire application under
MinGW.  For whatever reason,
the application group is using the MS IDE.

Perhaps instead of a .a from MinGW, I should be giving them something else?

Here's the make rule:

$(OBJDIR)lib$(MODULE).a : $(LIB_OBJFILES)
     -$(RM) $(RMFLAGS) $@
     $(AR) $(ARFLAGS) $@ $^
#   $(AR) $(ARFLAGS) $@ $?
     $(RANLIB) $(RANLIBFLAGS) $@

I use the typical ar and ranlib in the MSYS distribution.

At 07:39 AM 11/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Wu Yongwei wrote:
>>Earnie should mean the LIBC.LIB from MSVC. My test shows that this is not
>>feasible: there are symbol conflicts.
>
>BoydE@QWEST-WKCH1I7I3 ~
>$ ld -o HelloWorld.exe HelloWorld.o -L /mingw/lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.2.3  -lgcc
>-L /c/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Visual\ Studio\ .NET/Vc7/lib -llibc -lkernel32
>-L/mingw/lib -lmingw32
>Warning: .drectve `%.*s' unrecognized
>Warning: .drectve `%.*s' unrecognized
>
>BoydE@QWEST-WKCH1I7I3 ~
>$
>
>YMMV,
>Earnie
>--
>http://www.mingw.org
>Powered by SourceForge <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw>

>!DSPAM:3fc4a2b0490603951614299!

Brian N. Hawley                 bhawley@luminex.com
Luminex Software, Inc.          http://www.luminex.com
PO Box 5908                     voice: 909-781-4100 x112
Riverside, CA  92517            fax: 909-781-4105