List:       mingw-msys
Subject:    Re: [Mingw-msys] MSYS installer - how is it built?
From:       Earnie Boyd <earnie () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-12-01 0:17:42

Quoting Benjamin Smedberg <benjamin@smedbergs.us>:

> How is the MSYS installer built? I am trying to include the installer in a
> "meta-installer" for a bunch of different build tools, and I would like to
> do a silent install and specify a specific directory location for install.
> This is for MSYS and MSYSDTK.

The current installer release used innosetup and some shell scripting.
Future releases though will most likely extend the MinGW installer
which uses NSIS to download tarballs to do the install.  See
http://mingw.cvs.sourceforge.net/mingw/msys/dvlpr/ for a peek at the
scripts including the innosetup input script.

Earnie Boyd
--
Please post responsibly:
* Use text posts instead of html; many list members just trash mail with html.

Save on your shoes, socks and other needs:
http://give-me-an-offer.com/store/shoes

Save on your baby gift needs:
http://give-me-an-offer.com/offers/products/baby