List:       mingw-msys
Subject:    [Mingw-msys] Re: Mingw-msys digest, Vol 1 #598 - 1 msg
From:       Le Snelson <snelson1 () llnl ! gov>
Date:       2004-07-08 16:03:02

I also have cygwin installed [trying to figure out which is better for our future] and I was invoking cygwin's man. So I've got a mess of not quite inter-operating exe's.  Thanks for the detail though.

>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-msys
>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        mingw-msys-request@lists.sourceforge.net
>
>You can reach the person managing the list at
>        mingw-msys-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
>
>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>than "Re: Contents of Mingw-msys digest..."
>

>Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: manpager (Keith MARSHALL)
>
>--__--__--
>
>Message: 1
>To: mingw-msys@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [Mingw-msys] manpager
>From: Keith MARSHALL <keith.marshall@total.com>
>Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:07:53 +0100
>
>> I've just freshly installed Msys on a Windows 2000 system.
>> Man does not seem to use /bin/less properly even though
>> "ls /usr/bin" seems to indicate that /usr/bin is logically
>> pointed at /bin.
>
>Where have you got man from?  I am working on an MSYS port,
>which is more or less working, but it isn't yet ready for
>general release. AFAIK, there isn't any officially supported
>implementation for MSYS.
>
>You probably need to specify paths, in man.conf, using the
>Win32 native path format, i.e. for an MSYS installation in
>D:\MSYS\1.0, /usr/bin/less becomes D:/MSYS/1.0/bin/less
>(DO use / rather than \ here -- Win32 is quite happy with
> either, but \ can often be problematic).
>
>BTW, what formatter are you using?  Formatting of man pages
>needs a working troff implementation; I am successfully using
>GNU Troff (groff) v1.19.1, again with the appropriate paths,
>set in man.conf, in Win32 native format.
>
>HTH,
>Keith.

>End of Mingw-msys Digest

Le Snelson   L-191                           (925) 423-3427
Lawrence Livermore National Lab.      snelson1@llnl.gov
7000 East Ave
Livermore, CA 94550-9234