List:       mina-dev
Subject:    Re: Fixing the e-poll problem...
From:       Martin Jordan <fanti () spin ! de>
Date:       2009-06-16 11:41:56

On Tuesday 16 June 2009 11:54:02 Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we have a set of JIRA refering to a well known bug in Java 5-6-7 (up to
> b55 for Java 7). Basically, there is a nasty bug in the select() method.
> The issue is described in
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6403933 :

[...]

> I have created a branch (select-fix) for that. Please test it and give
> me some feedback !
>
> Thanks !

Hi Emmanuel,

first of all thanks for your effort trying to workaround the EPoll problem.

After a short test with multiple and simultaneous random input to MINA
(connect, write on socket, disconnect), I got the following exceptions:

	http://fanti.staff.spin.de/m7_log2.txt

Every exception is thrown in an interval of one second.

When this error occours it seems that MINA does not accept new connections nor
reads from existing ones (setup 1 NioSocketAcceptor with 1 NioProcessor).

--
Martin Jordan, SPiN AG
fanti@spin.de

SPiN AG, Bischof-von-Henle-Str. 2b
93051 Regensburg, HRB 6295 Regensburg
Aufsichtsratsvors.: Dr. Christian Kirnberger
Vorstaende: Fabian Rott, Paul Schmid