List:       mimedefang
Subject:    Re: [Mimedefang] Fixing stream_by_recipient() when running against Postfix
From:       "David F. Skoll" <dfs () roaringpenguin ! com>
Date:       2012-11-11 14:49:20

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:36:43 -0700
Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx@redfish-solutions.com> wrote:

> Anyone else have any insight into this?

Yep.  As the Fine Manual says, the streaming code *only* works with
Sendmail 8.12+ and not Postfix.  Getting it to work with Postfix AFAIK
is non-trivial because Postfix doesn't implement the split-queue
mechanism the same way Sendmail does (I don't believe it resubmits
locally- generated messages via SMTP.)

Also, I don't have any Postfix boxes and therefore the fact that
MIMEDefang works with Postfix is a happy accident at best...

Regards,

David.