List:       mifos-functional
Subject:    Re: [Mifos-functional] Mifos v1.1 database interaction: performance
From:       Ryan Whitney <rwhitney () grameenfoundation ! org>
Date:       2008-09-01 10:47:44

> At any rate, it is important to mention that when modifying
> innodb_log_file_size, you must cleanly shutdown MySQL and delete the
> existing InnoDB log file. The process is outlined in detail here:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/adding-and-removing.html

I'd just like to highlight this point again!  I just noticed all of my mifos
tables were loading as MyISAM.  Seems that if the innodb log files do not
match the size set in the config, the InnoDB engine does not start and MySQL
will let you go happily along without a clue (until you notice all your
tables are MyISAM).

That says, it appears the improvement in speed I noticed was due to my
tables getting loaded as MyISAM.  I'll be re-running my tests again.

Ryan

Ryan Whitney
Mifos Technical Program Manager
rwhitney@grameenfoundation.org