List:       mifos-functional
Subject:    Re: [Mifos-functional] Reporting UI
From:       "Emily Tucker" <ETucker () grameenfoundation ! org>
Date:       2007-06-21 14:54:53

> 1) I'm not sure I understood you correctly. Are we deferring
> from showing the "View report template" link since we aren't
> sure as of now what it would be?

Yes, exactly.

> Or were you suggesting not
> showing this link at all on the page viewReports.htm.
> I was thinking once we figure out how exactly the report
> templates look, we could probably have the Report titles as a
> link to a page where the template design could be
> shown.(rather than having a seperate link called "View report
> Template". Just a thought!)

For now, not sure what the tempalte would display, so let's leave the
link off for now. I'll add this as a TBD on the FS>

> 2)Quoting the FS
>  " (*) User clicks on "Hide" and is taken to a page where
> they confirm whether/not they want to delete the report.
>    (*) User clicks on "Submit" and the report is hidden from
> the Reports Tab and permissions for the report are also
> removed from the permissions page"
>
> Im a little confused on the statement "where they confirm
> whether/not they want to delete the report." Are we allowing
> deletion of the reports from the system, or is the
> functionality similar to making the reports inactive?

Whoops.  That's for catching this-- I've changed the language in the FS
to read "where they confirm whether/not they want to *hide* the report".
We also need a pipeline to make a hidden report active.

> I was thinking we can make a report active/inactive through
> its edit flow or we can even show Inactivate or Activate
> links in front of the report name on the View Report page.

Either is fine. Through the edit pipeline is also OK.  Just want access
to the edit pipeline directly from the "View" page.

> 3)Quoting the FS "User is taken to a page that lists all
> active reports with options to view report template, edit
> report details, and hide reports".
>
> Shouldnt we show Inactive reports also?

Yes, another good catch.  I've made the change to the FS.

>I'm making this assumption, based on my current
> understanding that Hiding a report is just making it Inactive
> and not deleting it.

Yes, this is right-- it's only "hiding" the report-- and there should be
a pipeline for "unhiding" a report.

> 4) Just wondering, on the admin page whether we should rename
> "View reports" as "View report templates" since the upload
> link is called "Upload report template". Might be less
> confusing for the user.

Good catch.  Yes, I agree.

Look forward to seeing the mock-ups-- Tworks will start working on this
tomorrow.

Cheers,
Emily.