List:       mifos-developer
Subject:    [Mifos-developer] database downgrades
From:       "Jim Kingdon" <jkingdon () grameenfoundation ! org>
Date:       2006-12-18 22:28:20

In addition to the database upgrade script work I checked in
last week, I've now checked in an addition for
downgrade scripts.  So in addition to

upgrade_to_101.sql
upgrade_to_102.sql

there are

downgrade_from_102.sql
downgrade_from_101.sql

This is to handle the situation where a site upgrades,
puts in new data, and then discovers a big problem with
the new application and wants to go back to the old one.

The biggest downside is that any time a developer changes
the database schema or master data, then need to write
not only an upgrade script but a downgrade script as well.

Is this too much work for developers?  Is this feature
valuable?