List:       midware
Subject:    Re: [midware] DateTime et MetaData
From:       "Francois Piette" <francois.piette () overbyte ! be>
Date:       2005-05-26 11:25:12

>I use midware with ado connected to sqlserver.
>All work fine except for DateTime.
>On client, if I don't set fieldLayout, all is ok, my DateTime is displayed
>if I set fieldlayout, that display "05/01/0001" ???
>MetaData for this field is "DateTime;8"
>It's a bug or an error from me ?

You forgot to use one of these functions in RFormat.pas:

{ MWFormat for DateTime is the same as the TimeStamp record structure.      }
{ It is expressed as two ascii formatted integers separated by a semicolon. }
{ TimeStamp handling definition are in SysUtils.                            }
function  DateTimeFromMWFormat(Src : String) : TDateTime;
function  DateTimeToMWFormat(DateTime : TDateTime) : String;
function  TimeStampFromMWFormat(Src : String) : TTimeStamp;
function  TimeStampToMWFormat(TimeStamp : TTimeStamp) : String;

--
Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit
http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html