List:       midgard-user
Subject:    RE: [midgard-user] Problem with GD while compiling ... help
From:       Torben Nehmer <torben () nehmer ! net>
Date:       2000-11-23 3:30:52

Hi.

Two ideas:
1. Compile libgd from source. This might be enough to get php to link to =
it. Or try to statically link it, if the dynamic binding to the shared =
library doesn't work. The problem seems to result from incompatible =
versions. Do you use a packaged version of libgd (RPM or so) or have you =
installed it from source?

2. One that worked fine for me: I have saved a copy of LibGD 1.5 which can =
only be built statically. It doesn't support PNG images though and is no =
longer officially maintained. You'll find the archive there:

http://www.nehmer.net/binaries/nathan/LAMP/gd1.5.tar.gz

Torben

--On 11/22/00 16:00:08 -0300 Jorge Minassian wrote:

> Thanks a lot Torben, it has fixed the problem.
> Now I have time to investigate how is the way
> to let php work with gd ..
>
> Cheers,
> Jorge.

Live long and prosper!