List:       midgard-user
Subject:    Re: [midgard] A newby question
From:       Henri Bergius <Henri.Bergius () iki ! fi>
Date:       2000-05-26 14:52:15

On 26 May, Sam Grinstead wrote:
> 	I've not worked with php or midgard before, and I have a pretty
> basic question on loops.   How do you imbed one loop in another?   I want
> to display the information in a tree with each of the topic names followed
> by the articles in that topic.   These two display all the topics, then all
> the names.

You simply add the second loop within the first.

Here's an example:

<?php

$topic = mgd_list_topics(354);

if ($topic) {

  for ($i = 0; $i < 25 && $topic->fetch(); $i++) {

    /* We're inside the topic listing for loop now */

    ?>
    <?php

    $article = mgd_list_topic_articles($topic->id);

    if ($article) {

      /* I'm using 'while' here but a 'for' loop
        would work as well */

      while ($article->fetch()) {

        ?>

          &(article.title);<br>