List:       midgard-user
Subject:    Re: [midgard] Problem (installation, newby): cannot login to Midgard
From:       Emile Heyns <e.heyns () uci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2000-01-31 12:55:09

> Well I did use the rpm's for midgard, but my PHP needed to be compiled
> again, with a mysql-module for it.

the midgard-PHP RPM has the mysql connector enabled.

> But I couldn't get this compiled at first, so then I went on to rpmfind.net and got it from
> there. I was a bit unpatient and wanted to see Midgard in action.

I didn't even know rpmfind carried the Midgard RPMs. Sweet.

> Actually I never moved into my document-root. I just assumed apache would now what to with
> it, because there was a files-section with it in access.conf. But maybe this assumption is
> completly wrong. I must admit, my knowledge about apache is not too big.

Apache does know what to do with it, but it doesn't need it to be in the
documentroot. Having it there allows direct access to the file which
should
never be necesary and generates the error report you mentioned so the
reccomendation is to place it outside. Nothing will break horrendously
if you leave it there, BTW.

emile