List:       midgard-user
Subject:    [midgard] Midgard on FreeBSD: piece of cake.
From:       Emiliano <p337123 () uci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2000-01-27 22:25:32

Hi all,

I just spent a full 20 minutes (<Keanu>Whoa!</Keanu>) installing
Midgard from the ground up including loading the database. I've met
absolutely nothing not covered in the INSTALL descriptions. Installing
on FreeBSD is even easier then it is on RedHat on account of most of
the libs being in sane places.

To wit:

# tar xvzf midgard-lib*
# cd midgard-lib*5
# ./configure; make; make install
# cd ..
# tar xvzf mod_midgard*
# cd mod*5
# ./configure --with-midgard=/usr/local; make; make conf; make install
# cd ..
# tar xvzf midgard-php*
# cd midgard-p*5
# ./configure --with-apxs --with-midgard --with-mysql
# make; make install
# apachectl restart

Emile