List:       midgard-user
Subject:    Re: [midgard] Demo, Installed site, Usage
From:       Henri Bergius <Henri.Bergius () iki ! fi>
Date:       1999-09-28 16:49:32

On 27 Sep, Robbin Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,

Greetings!

> I am new to this software. Would someone tell me briefly
> 1) Is there a demo out there ?

Alas, no. We are currently looking for someone to host
a demo server for us.

> 2) What can I do with midgard , give examples please ?

You can do quite many things with it. For example,
at our work we are using Midgard for document management,
Web site personalization, sharing of content between
sites and servers, and as a glue system for allowing
different Web applications (like Notes) to be used with
a single interface.

What kind of use are you planning for? If you could
summarize your requirements, we could probably tell
you more easily if Midgard fits them.

> 3) How easy is it to use midgard ?

Quite easy, it depends on what you want to do with
it. The content and layout management parts of Midgard
are very straightforward (although still undocumented).
The Web-based Administration system also helps.

Of course any advanced use will require some experience
in PHP scripting.

I hope this helps!

> Robbin

/Bergie