List:       midgard-user
Subject:    Back online
From:       Jukka Zitting <hukka () iki ! fi>
Date:       1999-05-17 8:19:03

Hi there,

Greetings from Sweden and the viking town Birka where I spent the last
four days on a vacation. Now I'm back online in Finland. I tried to pull
the 1.0.2 release together on wednesday evening but I ran out of time.
The code is there waiting in the cvs repository and I'd suppose to get
the release finished already today. The only thing still missing is the
automatic detection of the Apache document root and configuration files.

There has been some quite interesting discussions about Midgard lately.
There was a great idea about Midgard "actors" that could be used to ease
the building of dynamic pages and gear up code sharing between Midgard
users. We were contacted by a member of the PHP team who suggested
merging Midgard with the PHP code tree. It might be a good idea but I do
have some reservations (see the message I wrote last week). What do you
think about the merging?

Now, back to code.

   The Midgard Project --------------------
     http://www.midgard-project.org/ --------