List:       midgard-user
Subject:    RE: [midgard-user] 6 simple problems
From:       "Alan" <ajc () ac-es ! com>
Date:       2005-06-01 8:45:37

Hi, these ideas have been tremendously helpful. The Topic & Event ownership
problems have been solved. I was happy to find such granular control.

I am still not understanding where to change the locale? Is this something I
should be changing in MySQL? Or is it in some config file that I haven't
discovered yet?

<<<<<<<Original Questions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
	3.	How do I change the date format from DD/MM/YY to the US
standard: MM/DD/YY? This displays in many places, like Events and
<[last-updated>]

	6.	I have club managers who will need to update News items. The
login link goes to midcom-admin. I'd like to offer them a WYSIWYG editor.
Can someone point me in a direction that does this?

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I did find the config directory for the de.linkm.taviewer. I see that the
schemadb_default.dat file has the code:

"content" => array (
description => 'Text',
datatype => 'text',
location => 'content',
widget => 'html'
),

If I navigate in Aegir to the Snippet for de.linkm.taviewer, I see the same
thing (no surprise there, I hope.)

Could the Style I choose in the Settings of the Topic affect the WYSIWYG
editing?

Weirdly, I have two sites created and one of them uses the WYSIWIG editor.
Where would I find config information that is site specific?
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

TIA,
Alan

________________________________

Hi,

Ad. 3. I think that setting all locales to us_US should do as dates are
handled by MySQL and fornmatting is based on locale settings.

Ad. 6 Widgets used by AIS when creating a form for adding/editing elements
are defined in schemas. You can look at
/{MIDCOM_HOME}/lib/{COMPONENT_PATH}/config/schemadb_default.inc for
reference to find how to use different datamanager widgets, and then create
snippetpath /sitegroup-config/{COMPONENT_NAME}/config which contains a path
to your customized schemadb like:

"schemadbs"      => Array (
    "/sitegroup-config/de.linkm.events/my_schema" => "My own schema",
),

Then customize my_schema snippet to achieve desired form. You can choose a
WYSIWYG by setting "html" as field widget e.x.:

        "description" => array (
            "description" => "Description",
            "datatype"    => "text",
            "location"    => "content",