List:       midgard-user
Subject:    Re: AW: [midgard-user] Datagard troubles
From:       Piotras <pp () infoglob ! com>
Date:       2005-04-18 16:12:07

"med" <med-men@gmx.net> wrote:

> > mysqladmin drop tmpxmlupdate
> > and run datagard again , select import and all unimported packages
>
> Thanks i got to that point a few hours ago.
> This solved my problem at least partially.
> I am now able to import most things...
> Seems to me like datagard is a bit picky when it comes to replication
> with multilang enabled.

Well... it is the only way to make multilang updates.

> I had to let some yamp-scripts(clean-linefeeds, clean-user-references,
> remove-persons) run over my xml-package in order to make the import a
> success.

It depends on you if you do not need persons. Datagard removes only default admin account.

> Unfortunately I am still unable to import a whole sitegroup with
> datagard (yes, i am using repligard_withsg) exported from a midgard-1.5
> system.
> I'll try and investigate a little more on this, but more detailed
> repligard/datagard-errors would certainly help the case :)

Few improvements are already in 1.7 release.

> Please note that the above error does happen sometimes even without
> tmpxmlupdate database or according blobs being present. Looks like
> replication into tmpxmlupdate works fine and then something goes wrong
> during/after multilang conversion or replication from tmpxml to
> midgard-db?
>
> Any pointers where to start my search are more than welcome...

Usually you should export SG using repligard.xml which does not use sitegroups,
create sitegroup in new database and import using repligard_withsg.xml and new
admin account you created for sitegroup.
The case here may be the fact that datagard exports data using "sitegroped" xml file.

Piotras