List:       midgard-user
Subject:    Re: [midgard-user] style elements
From:       Henri Kaukola <henri.kaukola () nemein ! com>
Date:       2004-02-15 10:29:38

Hello,

Raoul Dobal wrote:

| Most likely I donīt understand some or other basic concept  appologies
| in advance

No need for apologies, it takes a while to get familiar
with Midgard. :)

| As I understand I need style elements to call functions from the midgard
| cms  for me a style element is <content>, but also <login> etc. I
| assume that there must me a reference file somewhere listing all those
| elements? If so, I sofar did not find it and would be glad if you could
| pinpoint me to the right direction. The same by the way also for
| scripting elements  there must be a repository or something somewhere???

Basic ideology is that by inserting <(element)> to your HTML
Midgard will include style (or page) element with the same
name on that spot.

There are few special elements:
<(content)> will insert the actual page content on this spot.
<(code-compat)>, <(code-global)> and <(code-init)> are called
before the style is loaded and can be used to preload classes,
variables, etc. before the style or page are loaded.
<(code-finish)> is loaded after style and page are finished.

So, when you are calling <(login)>, you must make sure you
have element with that name available. In general, style elements
are available on any page having that style while page elements
are available only to page it attached to or subpages (if inherit
is set in the element).

To try this out create a style with few elements. Then create
a page and set it to use the style you created and look for the outcome.
Oh, BTW, if element is not available Midgard won't return anything
(not even error)!

Look the following address for some information on special elements:
http://www.midgard-project.org/documentation/concepts/page_and_style/

Hope this gets you started. :)

Cheers!

~  //Henri