List:       midgard-user
Subject:    [midgard-user] Problem with launching the admin interface
From:       Erik Wasser <fuzz () c-lab ! de>
Date:       2002-09-30 10:58:22

Hi Guys/Girls from user@midgard-project.org,

the last hour I try to install your product midgard, but I failed. I used the
the latest release:

midgard-data-1.4.3.tar.bz2
midgard-php4-1.4.3.tar.bz2
midgard-lib-1.4.3.tar.bz2
mod_midgard-1.4.3.tar.bz2

The computer is a fresh installed RH7.3 (Apache 1.3.23):

I compiled and installed all the stuff under /usr/src/midgard-1.4.3. I run
"./dbinstall" from midgard-data and my tables are created. I copy the fresh
midard-data.conf (see below) to the /usr/httpd/conf and add the
"include-line" in httpd.conf. I added "extension=midgard.so" to /etc/php.ini.
I restarted the apache and everything went fine.

midard-data.conf:

MidgardDatabase $DB $USER $PW

MidgardRootFile "/usr/lib/apache/midgard-root.php"

NameVirtualHost $IP:80
<VirtualHost $IP:80>
    MidgardEngine On

    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/midgard-error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/midgard-access.log combined

    ServerName $FQDN
    Port 80

    # Switch off magic quotes - it is required with Midgard
    php_value magic_quotes_gpc off
    php_value magic_quotes_runtime off

    # Configure text parser:
    # Change to 'russian' for Russian Midgard
    MidgardParser latin1
    MidgardBlobDir "/var/www/blobs"

    # Configuration for Russian Midgard:
    <IfModule mod_charset.c>
     CharsetDefault koi8-r
     CharsetSourceEnc koi8-r
     CharsetDisable Off
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

The DB is full of empty tables and hits from "lynx $FQDN" are logged in
"/var/log/httpd/midgard-access.log" (the vhost) but I don't get access to the
admin interface. I only get a 404 if I try "lynx $FQDN/asgard". But what is
$FQDN/asgard? Is it a virtuell directory? This directory doesn't exists in my
"/var/www/html". What files are must exists in the HTML hierachie. What files
do I have to copy to "/var/www/html"? Can somebody tell me this? I don't get
it. B-)

Thanks for you help.

--
So long... Erik Wasser