List:       midgard-dev
Subject:    Re: [midgard-dev] links revisited
From:       Emiliano <emile () iris-advies ! com>
Date:       2001-02-27 14:27:16

"Philipp Rotmann, Linksystem Muenchen" wrote:

> On 19.02.01 (14:21), Paul Newby wrote:
> > Or possibly the present Midgard users are keeping
> > to applications that don't require this kind of
> > functionality.
> (...)
>
> Or they simply don't have time at the moment ;-)
>
> I'm as interested in links as I was when I posted some messages
> about the topic some months ago (or half a year? or was it Dec
> 99? Don't recall ...). And I guess I'll have to implement a
> work-around for links in less than a month for a customer site
> -- maybe there are already a bunch of work-around concepts out
> there, and that's why people don't care as much as they may be
> concerned?

Once the database we use (mysql for the 1.X series) does subselects
links should be doable. Not entirely trivial, and I haven't even touched
upon the management interface to go with them, but doable. Without
subselects, most of the logic will have to be done in midgard-lib (read:
slow, complex, and memory intensive).

Ami, are you around? How could the 2.0 architecture handle this?

Emile