List:       midgard-dev
Subject:    Re: [midgard-dev] function reference gone.
From:       <parker () mi-recordz ! com>
Date:       2000-10-30 12:39:19

Hi,

> I just noticed that the function reference is no longer part of the
> manual at http://www.midgard-project.org/manual/. Of course it is
> available as part of the new manual at
> http://www.midgard-project.org/req/midgard-1.4/, but the downloadable
> manual is generated from the first and doesn't include the funcref.

Both manuals should be downloadable. If it's not stated on the site, then
we need to tell people that the new manual includes the func ref.

> Can we come to a quick decision to completely remove the old manual, or
> to put the funcref back in (at the expense of having to maintain two
> versions)?

We've had half dozen conversations concerning removal of the old manual. I
fall on the side of _not_ removing it. Emile made the point that until all
topics from the old one are in the new one it should stay. I agree!

> And please, when making changes as drastic as this one, please discuss it
> first. The Midgard site is depending heavily on documents generated from
> CVS, and I rather prevent stuff from breaking than spend my time fixing
> it.

I believe that I discussed this as well. My position is, I will not
maintain two versions of the func ref and neither should anyone else. What
finally got it moved is that there were numerous annotations for the old
func ref.