List:       midgard-dev
Subject:    [midgard-dev] Could I upload MS documents on the Midgard site?
From:       "Alejandro Herrero Davila" <alejandro.herrero () chiene ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-06-27 15:45:43

Hi folks,

I've just started to plan the development of a new intranet site for a
very small organization.  The most important of our needs would be to
have a sort of repository, where store different kind of documents, most
of them MS documents. Besides of this, we would like to add further
functionality in the future.

Basically we are planning to install Apache, PHP and MySQL on a Linux
server to start to work. After this we would look for any customizable
tool that lets us develop the site as easy and fast as possible. I've
seen that Midgard can be a good choice but I'm not sure if it would be
possible to create the repository that we have in mind without a big
development.

Also, I've got some doubts regarding versions and incompatibilities
between the tools (Apache, PHP, MySQL, Linux, Midgard). As I haven't
started with the installation I would be grateful if you prevent me
about any possible problem.

Many thanks