List:       midgard-dev
Subject:    Re: [midgard-dev] Re: [midgard-user] Debian Woody update to 1.5
From:       herz () emsnet ! de
Date:       2003-06-24 10:56:25

Zitat von pp <pp@infoglob.com>:

> Torben Nehmer <torben@nehmer.net> wrote:
>
> > > and another cosmetic one: the apache startup message in error.log is
> still
> > > "...Midgard/1.4.4/SG...".
> >
> > I think this 1.4.4 is a follow-up of the above bug... Midgard links to
> the
> > old lib, which delivers the wron version number...
>
> A thing like that _can not_ happen with compiled distro packages.
> If package lets to keep old and new libs , segfault bugs will grow up faster
> and faster.

Hmm, there are no old AND new libs. midgard-lib 1.5 is installed and
includes /usr/lib/libmidgard.so.6.0.0. The problem is libapache-mod-midgard
which includes mod_midgard.so and this is linked against libmidgard.so.5.
So I think there is a repacking of libapache-mod-midgard necessary with
a mod_midgard.so linked against /usr/lib/libmidgard.so.6. Package dependencies
were OK if installed in the right order.

Ingo