List:       midgard-dev
Subject:    [midgard-dev] Re: [PEAR-DEV] Re: [midgard-dev] Re: [PEAR-DEV] Midgard in the sky with ... PEAR?
From:       Martin Jansen <mj () php ! net>
Date:       2003-04-27 19:52:04

On Sun Apr 27, 2003 at 08:4408PM +0200, Lukas Smith wrote:
> one thing that would be great however is to have all pear packages, even
> if they are developed outside of PEAR to be in a cvs repository that
> would send commit messages to pear-cvs. I think this is pretty critical
> in order to prevent diverging efforts and for generally having a central
> place to keep up on pear developments.

I strongly disagree to this. One of PEAR's main ideas, since the project
was founded, is to let the user chose if and in which way he wants to
use revision control. If he feels like using CVS, he can use existing
resources (cvs.php.net, SourceForge etc.), but there is no requirement
for that.

--
    - Martin                           Martin Jansen
                            http://martinjansen.com/