List:       microblaze-uclinux
Subject:    [microblaze-uclinux] genromfs kills superuser bit?
From:       Chris Enrique <microdevel () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-28 12:22:33

Hello,

is it possible that genromfs "ignores" the superuser bits of files used as
source?

in my romfs directory /bin, i changed some of the executables to -rwsr-xr-x
because otherwise, a standard-user which is not root would not be able to
run telnet, for example.
when i pack my romfs using genromfs and mount it on my spartan-board, the
privileges of the modified files are reset to -rwxr-xr-x.
as far as i can see, genromfs doesn't take care of the superuser bit.

does anybody know why ? or how to get around it ?

kind regards,
chris