List:       mico-support
Subject:    MICO-SUPP: Problem with launching my shared server on demand by micod
From:       "Arne Marschall" <list () marschall-informatik ! de>
Date:       2000-01-18 15:41:10

Hi all !

I have a client and a server and I used to run the server manually.
But I want to have micod run my server if a client requests the service.

I made so far that I can use "imr activate orca". The server gets started and the client can use it.
But if the server is down when a client connects, then micod starts my server but both server and
client are hanging.

I have tried binding by mico's bind() and by an IOR that comes from the nsd. The same symptom with both
ways.

BTW: The naming service is launched in that way, but since it is an POA based one and I'm using BOA,
it is no good example for me.

The IMR entry is created like this:

imr create orca shared "path"
After launching it once by "imr activate orca", the Impl Repo entry looks like this:

g:\> imr info orca
server name: orca
activation mode: shared
activation command: G:\ablage\FHW\_Diplom\src\bin\orca_server
object #0: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/OAServer:1.0
object #1: IDL:Orca:1.0

The idl has only one interface and no module :

Interface Orca {

}

The server issues a:
    boa->impl_is_ready (CORBA::ImplementationDef::_nil());
after instanciating the server object.

Environment:
Mico 2.3.0 compiled with VC 5 SP3
OS: NT 4.0 SP4