List:       mico-devel
Subject:    Re: uuencode with mico??
From:       520065607613-0001 () t-online ! de (Frank Pilhofer)
Date:       2001-05-31 13:49:51

Eric Nzaramba wrote:

> i'm trying to transfer files upon mico (2.3.5). it works well for text
> files but not for binaries. the transfered copy differs from the
> original one. even using a sequence of octets doesn't help.

 Using a sequence of octets, your data should be transported unchanged.
What makes you think that the copy is different, did you try something
like an "md5sum" checksum on both source and target files?

>               should i try to implement a sort of "uuencode" and
> "decode" in my applications or is there a more practical solution?

 Yes, fix the probable bugs in your code ...

	Frank

--
Some people are like blisters: they show up right after the work is