List:       mico-devel
Subject:    README-WIN32
From:       Michael Steuer <michael_steuer () imisys ! de>
Date:       2000-09-20 10:26:33

I used the information in README-WIN32 to compile MICO as a static
library yesterday and have the following comments:

While compiling a release version of the library I got a internal
compiler error from VC++ 6.0 SP2, caused by the optimization option /Oy,
which is part of the standard setting for release builds it seems.
(The example in README-WIN32 was for VC++ 6.0 SP1, so I don't know if
this is only caused by the difference in the service pack version)
Removing the option /Oy solves the compiler problem (/Oy suppresses
creation of frame pointers on the call stack).

In paragraph 3) Using the library, Roland Koeckel mentions that you
should make your own project depend on the mico lib project. I don't
know what exactly he means with that (can someone enlighten me, please).
I simply changed my project to link with the new micolib.lib, instead of
mico233.lib.

Regards,

Michael Steuer.