List:       mico-devel
Subject:    Re: MICO: MICO (naming-)interoperability question.
From:       Klaus Thiele <kth () piag ! com>
Date:       1999-10-21 14:26:39

Hi Dirk,

> > i'm using jdk1.1.7/JacORB1_0-beta8 sucessfully with MICO's
> > Naming-Service (thanks to the help from G.Brose).
>
> JacORB would be nice also. Can you please tell me how you set
> up the components to use a single name service? Did you use
> MICO's naming service? Did the java program run on a different
> machine?
yes.

> After evaluating this one quickly, it seems that I have to pass
> the name service object's IOR to the JacORB ORB. This is not an
> option.
not direct.

JacORB's jacorb.properties (java client):
   "jacorb.NameServerURL=http://lupo/~kth/NS_Ref"
points to the URL with the nameservice object's IOR.

my mico-implementation/micod/nsd (running on the same machine as the webserver)
gets on startup the reference to the nameservice and writes it to a file:
    CORBA::Object_var naming =
          orb->resolve_initial_references( "NameService" );
       [...]
   CORBA::String_var ns_str = orb->object_to_string( naming );
   ... and write it to "/home/kth/public_html/NS_Ref"
thats it.

bye
  klaus

--
Klaus Thiele - Personal & Informatik AG
mailto:kth@pi-ag.com

 "There's got to be more to life than compile-and-go."