List:       mico-devel
Subject:    Re: MICO: transferring a QList
From:       Kai-Uwe Sattler <kus () iti ! CS ! Uni-Magdeburg ! De>
Date:       1998-02-27 9:33:23

Hi,
how about a "Transfer Service" which doesn't interpret the data and
is able to use the "optimal" mechanism (e.g. shared memory for
client/server located on the same host) for transfering/streaming. In
this way we could bypass the marshalling routines of the ORB and
speedup the transfer. I know, this isn't an OMG standard, but what's
your opinion ?

Ciao,
	Kai
--
Kai-Uwe Sattler                     http://wwwiti.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~sattler/
University Magdeburg                \|/   voice: +49-391/67-12996