List:       mico-devel
Subject:    MICO: Activation
From:       Kai-Uwe Sattler <kus () iti ! CS ! Uni-Magdeburg ! De>
Date:       1997-09-03 7:45:46

Hi,
I've written a COSS compliant name service for MICO. But there is a
problem in conjunction with the implementation activation by micod.

Consider a shared server: I can register the implementation with imr
but there is no way to register the object reference of this
implementation in the name service ! The object reference is first
created AFTER the activation, so a client cannot find any naming entry.
May be, the implementation repository should "ping" the server for a
first activation ? What's your opinion ?

Thanks,
	Kai

BTW: MICO is great work !
--
Kai-Uwe Sattler                     http://wwwiti.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~sattler/
University Magdeburg                \|/   voice: +49-391/67-12996