List:       mico-devel
Subject:    [mico-devel] BAD_OPERATION exception when calling connect_consumer
From:       "Wallace, Iain A (UK)" <iain.a.wallace () baesystems ! com>
Date:       2004-04-21 10:51:29

Hi,

OK, i'm making some progress with my eventservice examples - as least they seem to \
work fine with omniEvents service (but using MICO as my ORB). However I want to use \
the MICO eventd, but my code (working with omniEvents) now throws an exception with \
MICO's eventd. The error is:

looking for EventChannel
EventChannel found !
ProxyPullSupplier obtained !
uncaught MICO exception: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0 (0, not-completed)
Aborted

And is being thrown when I try and connect a pull consumer, as below :

	 CosEventComm::PullConsumer_ptr cptr;	//CosEventComm::PullConsumer::_nil();

	proxy_supplier->connect_pull_consumer(cptr);

Any ideas would be welcome, this code works fine with omniEvents, so I'd assume it \
should work with MICO's eventd. This appears to be the key difference between the \
MICO examples and the omniEvents ones - in omni, the pull consumer is connected, \
whereas it's not in MICO. Can anyone shed any light on why this is different? Which \
is correct according to the spec?

Iain