List:       mico-devel
Subject:    Re: [mico-devel] Problem with Interface Policy?
From:       Karel Gardas <kgardas () objectsecurity ! com>
Date:       2004-04-16 17:15:07

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Fayez Asar wrote:

> I am working on implementing Transaction Service as part of a school project. \
> Following is an interface contained inside the IDL file given in the Transaction \
> Service specification.
> interface TransactionPolicy : CORBA::Policy {
> readonly attribute TransactionPolicyValue tpv;
> };

Please work with CORBA::Policy as it would be local interface, although it
is not marked as local in policy.idl file. That's quite interesting issue
in CORBA specification since I personaly would expect Policy to be local
interface, but that's quite long time since OMG invented local interface
feature but nobody go ahead and change this piece of code in the spec,
although many other interfaces are already converted to locals.

Also please note that MICO provides quite modern mapping for local
interfaces (which is not yet "specified", but just proposed in some
document). Please have a look into CHANGES file to find appropriate
document.

Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  kgardas@objectsecurity.com