List:       mico-devel
Subject:    Re: [mico-devel] problem using CORBA::WChar with java ORB 1.3
From:       Karel Gardas <kgardas () iol ! cz>
Date:       2001-09-30 14:47:10

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Frank Pilhofer wrote:

> Antonino Guarnaccia (hotmail) wrote:
> >
> > I am developing a mico 2.3.5 client which has to interact with a java ORB
> > 1.3 server. I have a problem in passing parameters of type CORBA::WChar *
> > to server objects.
> >

>  Please try to run the Mico server with -ORBIIOPVersion 1.2 so that it tries
> to speak GIOP 1.2. Mico refuses to send wstrings over a GIOP 1.0 or 1.1 con-
> nection, as the type did not exist in GIOP 1.0, and its encoding in 1.1 was
> very broken.
>
>  I just hope that JavaORB is able to talk GIOP 1.2, otherwise this is would

I don't think so. JDK 1.3 ORB supports only GIOP 1.0 and GIOP 1.1. GIOP
1.2 will be supported in JDK 1.4.

Cheers,

Karel

PS: I'm sorry for my previous e-mail with the same subject saying
somethink regarding jacorb and it's GIOP implementation. This was my
mistake caused by reading too fast.
--
 Karel Gardas                           e-mail: kgardas@iol.cz