List:       mico-devel
Subject:    Re: Re(2): [mico-devel] No MICO for Sparcworks Solaris 2.6 users
From:       520065607613-0001 () t-online ! de (Frank Pilhofer)
Date:       2001-09-20 11:30:04

Andrew Marlow wrote:

> Perhaps it would be good to officially withdraw support
> of MICO on Solaris 2.6 on the grounds that Sun no longer
> support it and the only compiler available for it does not
> support namespaces and licenses for this compiler
> are no longer sold.

   Hi,

 I'm glad that you agree on most parts.

 I think, though, that Mico should still work quite well with Solaris
2.6, using gcc. So "withdrawing" "support" (if you want to call it that
way) is not happening.

 Supporting commercial compilers has always been a major problem for us.
Since we don't have access to systems running them, we are dependent on
users to complain and to send patches.

	Frank

--
Too often, people who want to offer sound advice give us more sound