List:       mico-announce
Subject:    Re: [mico-devel] mico 2.3.12 fails to build with Visual C++ v8?
From:       Bowie Owens <bowie.owens () csiro ! au>
Date:       2006-03-16 4:03:32

Peter C. Chapin wrote:

> First let me thank both you and Soran Mustaca for your comments. I did
> try copying the manifest files for idl.exe and idl2312.dll from the
> idl directory where they were created to the win32-bin directory. I
> also copied the manifest file for pthreadVC2.dll to win32-bin as well.
> Now when I run idl.exe I am told that it has "encountered a problem
> and needs to close." That is: it crashes. This effect is quite
> different than before, though, and probably better because now the
> program is at least attempting to execute.

Peter, did you ever get this sorted out? I'm having the same problem you
originally posted about with Visual Studio 8 and MICO 2.3.12 and don't
seem to be able get around it.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie.Owens@csiro.au