List:       mico-announce
Subject:    Strange communication problem (was: Re: [mico-devel] Assertion from
From:       Kretschel Klaus <Klaus.Kretschel () dlr ! de>
Date:       2004-10-07 8:13:20

Hi,

[problem was an "InvalidName" exception at start-up]

On Friday 13 August 2004 21:25, Karel Gardas wrote:
> IMHO (3) should run well, you just need to find the reason why ORB throws
> InvalidName exception, have you changed your setup in some way after
> upgrade?

Meanwhile it seems that the problem had nothing to do with Linux upgrade but
probably with routing, since it occurs now also on another cluster where
nothing but the routing entries have been changed. Unfortunately nobody saved
the old entries, thus we cannot try the old status.

The topology in both cases is the same: a front-end node connected to a
compute cluster (a local net) and to the general net on the other hand. The
problem is that all clients throw the "InvalidName" exception while trying to
connect to the name service if the MICO deamons run on the front-end, but
everything runs fine when the MICO deamons run one of the nodes.

I heard some rumors about a missing "multicast" option, so I tried to add net
244.0.0.0 to routing but that did not help (224.0.0.1is available from the
kernels). On the other hand, I had a look at the port with tcpdump and saw
that packets where transmitted from the node on eth0 and received at the
front-end on eth0 on the one cluster and on eth3 on the other one, so I guess
that communication is okay.

Any help?

Thank you, Klaus

PS:
Karel, maybe that we will need commercial support with this problem (though I
cannot decide about our money). Would you please mail me terms and
conditions?