List:       mico-announce
Subject:    RE: [mico-devel] Compiling MICO on Unix with CC
From:       Karel Gardas <kgardas () objectsecurity ! com>
Date:       2004-01-14 10:40:45

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Keseru Kornel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Very good! Would you like to become Solaris8/Forte C++ port
> > maintainer in
> > the time of MICO 2.3.12 release? If so, that would be great! Generally
> > port maintainers care about testing of MICO on their platform
> > and provides
> > some needed workarounds in case of any problems. The most
> > needed and hurry
> > testing is always before release, but it would be nice if you also can
> > test MICO from time to time.
>
> Yes, I can take part in this task to make the next releases compatible with
> these SUN products.

Great!

> What kind of tests should usually be done? Are compiling Mico and testing
> the demo applications (I can do it with Purify) enough, or are there other
> needed testcases?

compile various builds of MICO (with various features enabled/disabled --
mainly security/threading) and do:

cd demo
make run

You need to have ``.'' in your PATH

and more important is to run tests:

cd test
make check

By comparing results from MICO 2.3.11 and development sources, you will
find if we did any mistake and regression or not.

> When is it planned to announce the next Mico version?

Probably spring 2004.

Thanks,

Karel
--