List:       mhonarc
Subject:    Re: Newbie Question
From:       Earl Hood <ehood () hydra ! acs ! uci ! edu>
Date:       1999-08-13 1:13:58

On August 12, 1999 at 15:04, "Stephen Irwin" wrote:

> What I did was attempt to copy a MHonArc archived messages and the db &
> threads.html over to a new site so as not to lose all the old posts. I
> installed 2.3.3 then a week later 2.4.1. I'm sure I've really confused the
> MHonArc message file. I did try to run mha-dbrecover but was unsuccessful
> for some reason.

How did you use mha-dbrecover?  Get any errors?  Note, there was
a bug in v2.4.1 mha-dbrecover, however, the bug causes mha-dbrecover
to terminate before it does anything.  A patch was posted to the list.
Or you could use v2.4.0 or v2.4.2's mha-dbrecover.

> Now I've deleted all of the messages I had copied over from
> the other site (including the DB & threads files). Now, hopefully the next
> time the scheduler program launches my batch file to convert my mail it will
> create a new db and thread.html file.
>
> Am I on the right track here?

It should create a new archive (db and thread index).  If you still
have all the originals in the mailbox being processed, they should
show up in the new archive.

	--ewh