List:       mhonarc
Subject:    Re: Newbie needs help with NT questions.
From:       Earl Hood <ehood () hydra ! acs ! uci ! edu>
Date:       1998-06-21 14:24:58

On June 20, 1998 at 22:58, "Christopher P. Lindsey" wrote:

> > No.  What you have to do is use a POP3 client to download the mail
> > from the mail server and then pipe the messages to mhonarc.  If
> > looking for a Perl solution, there is a POP3 module available at
> > CPAN.  With it, you should be able to automate the task.
>
> Another alternative is to use fetchmail to connect to the POP3
> server and pull the messages over to local disk.

I agree that fetchmail is nice (I use it at work -- I am the only one
at work that uses a Unix MUA).  However, I do not think it works under
NT.  The fetchmail home page does not mention anything about an NT
port.  Hence, fetchmail is not an option for the original poster.

	--ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood@medusa.acs.uci.edu      |      Electronic Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME