List:       mhonarc
Subject:    bug (or feature) is-a feature
From:       Al Gilman <asgilman () access ! digex ! net>
Date:       1997-10-17 15:01:31

to follow up on what Dr. Luis Mandel said:

> I've noted that the configuration of MSGBODYEND has different semantics
> if it is written
> <MSGBODYEND>
> </MSGBODYEND>
>
> or
>
> <MSGBODYEND>
>
> </MSGBODYEND>
>
> In the first case the MSGBODYEND semantics is as the default, i.e. <HR>
> while in the second case is empty (as I wanted).

I forget where this is documented, but it's a feature.  A
mnemonic for this behavior is to say that the first form is
processed as a null directive (no statement regarding MSGBODYEND)
whereas the second is processed as a directive directing the
MHonArc processor to insert (a piece of "null HTML") in the
message page.

I believe that this is a general rule; to override the default
you must have something, not a null string, in the content of the
resource definition.  The newlines setting off the tags are part
of the resource definition infrastructure, not content.

-- Al Gilman