List:       mesos-user
Subject:    Re: Spark Bootstrapping on Mesos
From:       Stephen Carman <scarman () coldlight ! com>
Date:       2015-05-13 18:13:07

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Okay my apologies perhaps I'm just not explaining this well.

So we have an application, that creates a spark context and adds all the necessary \
jars, the job is submitted to the cluster and as it runs the code it attempts to pull \
the data necessary for the job from s3. We use our own version of Presto's s3 \
filesystem to be able to read and write the data from s3, but that needs to be \
initialized with our keys and the s3 bucket before the code can understand how to \
handle that file. All the Jars and everything get to the slave fine, so it has no \
problems with ClassNotFound, it just doesn't seem to be initilizing this s3 file \
system, so when it tries to download the data from s3 it fails saying it doesn't know \
how to handle an s3 URI.

Hopefully that makes sense, any insight?

Thanks,
Steve

On May 13, 2015, at 2:03 PM, Tim Chen <tim@mesosphere.io<mailto:tim@mesosphere.io>> \